Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds simple, but as I started to peel this sticker off, it felt like I would ruin the paint job. It is the sticker that comes on the top of the tank using International symbols for "Read owners manual" and "Wear a helmet". Here is the pic.

Any sure fired ways to remove so I dont screw up the paintjob????

tank sticker.JPG

·
Registered
177 Posts
Use a blow dryer to heat up the glue, and work the air across the sticker as you peel it off. You can actually save the sticker this way and reapply the sticker somewhere else if you like.

This is a much cleaner, easier way to remove stickers with very little, if any of the glue left behind.

If there is residual glue to remove, either "Goo-Be-Gone" or simply use WD-40.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mep and Dale. Ill give it try. My first go at it, setting in front of the house after my first ride, felt like I was going to pull the paint right off the tank, about made me want to barf.

Anyway, figured Id ask the guys on the forum here, seems like there is someone out there that has tried something at least once and can share their experience.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
915 Posts
After you peel off the tank and other stickers, put them on the inside front page of your owner's manual. Use lighter fluid, Goo Off, WD 40 or whatever you want (but not gasoline or paint thinner) to remove the glue residue on the bike,. Then wash and wax.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Owner's manual?

Put the stickers in the trash, where they belong.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Goo gone

Goo gone does wonders....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts