Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a pair of D&D slip ons for my 2015 T-Bird Storm. Plan on removing the cat converter and using the cat eliminator kit that comes with it. If I do this, will I have to remap/tune or do anything extra to the bike? Or should they just slip on and go? Thanks!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
You should at least have the TORs map installed or also put in a Power Commander V and have it Dyno-tuned locally.

I don't get the attraction of de-catting. This engine is already a monster. Why would you spew extra hydrocarbons into the air and cause a racket for just a couple more horses? If you leave the cat in, you can probably get away with just the TORs map, otherwise you're going to be running hot and popping like crazy on decel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should at least have the TORs map installed or also put in a Power Commander V and have it Dyno-tuned locally.

I don't get the attraction of de-catting. This engine is already a monster. Why would you spew extra hydrocarbons into the air and cause a racket for just a couple more horses? If you leave the cat in, you can probably get away with just the TORs map, otherwise you're going to be running hot and popping like crazy on decel.
I pretty much just wanted a better sound. Heard taking off the cat gives it a deeper, throaty sound. I guess I can just leave the cat on and see how that sounds first!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I’m guessing you have these pipes with a cat still in place?
no, bought the pipes as well as x-pipe. waiting on delivery
Mine should be here soon. The pipes are shipping today and they said the cat eliminator is shipping in a couple business days. I’ll let you know how it sounds if mines done before yours!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts