Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few issues recently that would have been made easier to diagnose by having relays to swap in and out, so i was thinking about picking up a set second hand for that reason.

I have been offered a set off a 2003 955i and before buying then was just wondering if anyone knew whether they were interchangable?

Thanks,

Jamie.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Jamie, What year is your D955i? The relays are the same between 2002 and 2004 with the exception of the tip over relay (missing on the early production '02). I don't have the tail off the '04 to check, but some from the first gen D955 ('97-'01) may also be helpful.

HTH,
Brad

PS Look at bikebandit to compare part numbers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, thought i'd put that in the post. Its an '05, which isnt great news it seems :)

I'll hit bike bandit and see what it says, thanks.

Jamie.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Jamie, I'm pretty sure the '05 and '06 are electricly the same as my '04, I just don't have either to double check with.

Brad

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike Bandit gives the same p/n across 2003 and 2005 so i went ahead and bought the relays, once they arrive i'll check again before fitting and post an update here.

Only potential issue is that, as i sometimes find, Bike Bandits part list doesnt fully match the schematic as there was a relay marked #15 in the schematic thats not in the list.

Like i say, i'll post once i've got them in hand.

Also due to take delivery if a Two Brothers high level Titanium exhaust today i got off a nice chap on eBay (i know, nice chap and eBay in a single sentence) so once thats on i'll post a week picture in the Show Us Your thread too.

Jamie.

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
That's not correct.

Relay #3 is the headlight cut relay - that MUST be a 5-pin relay, same as you have installed in your '05
Headlights will not work at all with the 4 pin relay identified under your '03 listing.
I think what you're calling 5 is actually 7, the turn-signal relay and for those you purchased, the one that you have for #3 in the 03 line-up is really probably from position 6, the ignition relay, as it is the same as that type.

i.e. there are 6 relays total
4 x 4RA940010-71 for 1,2, 4 & 6 (Main Beam, Low Beam, Main Power, Ignition)
1 x 4R0003520-13 for 3 (Headlight Cut)
1 x 4DB003750-36 for 7 (Flasher)

Note that the numbering convention is a little odd:
they go 1-4 front to back along the right subframe rail, but then 5-7 from center to right (5 is not a relay, it's the fall detector switch)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, i'll edit my post, sounds like the guy i bought these from has (by design or accident) done me out of one, ah well :)

Jamie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts