Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm attempting to get the attention of Rekluse in order to motivate them to start manufacturing auto-clutch products for the Tiger family. If you aren't familiar with Rekluse you can check them out on the web.

I've contacted their sales department and asked if they would make a clutch for the 2012 800 XC to which they replied that they would speak with their R&D department. If enough people follow up with requests they may actually do it. I would hope they could make clutches for the entire line of Tigers going back to the first 800xc and the lineup of Explorers.

So, please add your name to this thread with a simple +1 to indicate you would consider a Rekluse clutch for your bike and what your bike is. Of course any and all discussion will be useful.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Are you sure you want a slipper clutch for riding off road? Just curious
How do you bump start it if the battery doesn't have enough juice left to crank it over?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a little Google search I've found some forums where folks suggest that bumping is possible with an auto clutch.

I also thought about your question a bit more and wanted to specify that there is some difference between a slipper clutch and an auto clutch...I'm not 100% confident about what the difference is, but will post when I have more info.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a great thread on advrider where a group of F800GS riders got together and created a thread dedicated to getting Rekluse to make an EXP auto-clutch for their bike. They succeeded.

The thread is loaded with tons of pros and cons, lots of technical talk, videos about why to use a Rekluse clutch and what the differences are.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782942

The bottom line is that Rekluse may make a clutch for a model if there is enough of a demand for it. So if you are interested chime in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts