Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I need some feedback on re-jetting my '07 Bonneville T-100 for the predator pipes I just installed. Yes it must be running lean, The dealer told me It's a must to install Dyna Jet Kit to get it running right. What gives can't a mechaninic just install the correct needles and jet for my application? They also what two hours labor, does this sound right?
Oh, I will add a K&N filter to stock air box.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
David

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in the same boat, brother...

check out some of the threads & posts around the website, there's a ton of talk about exhaust.

My Bonnie's stock pipes are turning blue, and I don't want my new BUBs turning blue when I put them on. So I'm gonna be removing my air intake and re-jetting my carbs very soon. I don't know all the chemistry behind it, but I know getting the air/fuel ratio, etc. right on your bike IS VERY important for it to run at its best. Whether or not you pay a bunch of money for a bike mechanic to do it for you, that's up to you. I saw on one of these forum posts say that it's a great thing to do it yourself to learn how to do it for future maintenance and to get to know your bike better. That's the way I'm going now...

good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
P.S. The local Triumph dealership by me wanted about 2 hours of labor to get my new exhaust on as well (with the re-jetting), which translated into about $200) I'd just by the jet kit and do it at home and have a friend help you. 2 heads are better than 1...

...also check out posts about Air Box removal...

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
David, While I don't have a carb'd m/c anymore the Dynojet kits have (had) excellant instructions for the first timer. Do one carb at a time, keeping the other as a model.

Brad

·
Registered
76 Posts
other variables are:

stock airbox w/ snorkle in place (why not pull it?)
AI still installed?
average operating elevation?

those questionswill need answers before anyone can start the jetting dance. The Jenks Bolts site is worth reading too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New pipes

Thanks all for your input, I do have original airbox but the Air intake removed. I will put a K&N replacement filter but thats about it. As for elevation...rock bottom, in Homestead,Florida.
I think I'll buy the Dyna Jet kit and give it a go myself. Love to Save those $$.
Be safe.
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts