Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says

not wanting to be outdone I got a bit carried away dragging off a dude on a Harley and revved my bike past the redline a few times to 8000 and maybe higher as the needle only goes to 8k

it still seems to go ok, any chance I may have hurt it? :surprise:
what should I look out for if it is damaged and anyone here blown there engine by overdoing it?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Those running a TTP tune are used to over revving their bikes as the revlimiter is set to 8500. You should be okay if the bike is running fine and there are no new noises. If there is any damage, it would be inside the engine anyway.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
No problem. The standard rev limiter is set to 8000 rpm. TTP tunes set it to 8500 to extract a little more power.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Engine smengine! Who cares, the real question is. Did you beat the Harley??? :D

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
No need to worry, the revlimiter will only let you go to the max rpm for your motor. Which like was said stock is 8k, with a TTP igniter its 8.5k.

I do that at least once every time I take the bike out. No problems. Not racing Harley's but revving to the limiter.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whew! well thats a relief.

and I have discovered that the igniter has some sort of ttp tune, so must be able to rev out to 8500

the Harley beat me at the first set of lights but I pipped him at the second set. dont know what sort of Harley it was, big orange thing, and it could move

1 - 7 of 7 Posts