Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I picked up some used OEM wheels for my red marble haze 12 Tbird with plans to have them powder coated. I am looking for any suggestions for colors that would look good on the bike. Right now leaning towards a black pearl, but would like to try an incorporate a hint of red somehow. Does anyone have pics of what they have chosen when powdercoating?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Usually you can only do 1 color - I wanted to reverse my blue w white stripe and go white with blue spoke slots. Not so much.

Black / anthracite would be very cool. You could have them airbrushed & cleared over...

Reactions: Spudo769

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hi All,

I picked up some used OEM wheels for my red marble haze 12 Tbird with plans to have them powder coated. I am looking for any suggestions for colors that would look good on the bike. Right now leaning towards a black pearl, but would like to try an incorporate a hint of red somehow. Does anyone have pics of what they have chosen when powdercoating?
I have the Red Marble Haze and PC'd my wheels "chrome"; at least that's what I was told it would be. It came out silver. Looks stock, but without the constant polishing. Now, after about a year, I'm getting some "checking" in the powder coating, and likely have it redone by a different shop.
In any case, you'll need to strip the paint off the insides of the spokes first, and remove all bearings & parts. They can tape over the races though.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am down to 2 options. The pearl black that isn't really trying to match the color scheme but should be a good understated choice, or the red over silver vein that has a texture and is close but not the same as the bike's color. Any opinions welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any opinions? The red looks like butt.

The other color would look perfect with it. The contrast is better, because there is no way you would ever match that paint job on the wheels.

It makes my black and blue bike look plain in comparison.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The contrast is better, because there is no way you would ever match that paint job on the wheels.
I'd have to agree: definitely the black pearl (which looks more silver/gray in tone).

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here they are, will post another once I get them mounted.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts