Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my zard from geof 3 at 8 this evening , had it installed by 10

like the sound , and weight savings hate the can .

the hardest part about the install was rerouting the oxygen sensor wire

quite a bit knackery there. the rear mount for the can is also a little bodgy in my opinion , as there was no spacer to put under the bottom
rear set bracke to keep everything in good relation , i bodged it with a coupl of washers , till i can make a new mount .

now to get the mounts off the subframe and get my plate mount and tail light finished

oh

THANKS GEOF3 , HOW ABOUT A RIDE ON THAT DUCK

·
Registered
95 Posts
There should have been a lower spacer for the rear mount in the kit of parts... might be worth contacting your supplier about this.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sorry you had bother mine went on without any trouble.
Getting the DB killer out was a bit of a chore.
MH

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the spacer i just did not see it in the box in all of my excitement

how do you get out the db killer

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-12-20 08:32, ctrhenry wrote:
i have the spacer i just did not see it in the box in all of my excitement

how do you get out the db killer
had to drill out a spot weld on mine, that's what Monkeyhanger was talk'n about, because he informed me on how to do it. :-D Wasn't too awful bad, took me about 15 minutes, and I was take'n my time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The dB killer is held in with a circlip - but it's a real bu66er to get hold of it.

Drilling out the spot welds sounds like a good plan, although a bit permanent unless you have welding facilities!

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Hey Boss, if I wanted mine out, I had to drill the spotweld out, after the circlip was removed, it was still held in place by the spotweld. I suppose if ya wanted to put it back, the circlip itself may be enough to hold it in, but not sure. But who wants that sucka back in? :razz:

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-12-20 10:02 ]

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ctr..
You'll need a longer than normal drill bit. Be carefull the the chuck on the drill doesnt catch the outer edge of the can. Stick some heavy duty tape around the edge will help protect the thing if you slip.

Good luck.

MH

·
Registered
95 Posts
My can came with the dB killer kit supplied but not fitted. The circlip alone is sufficient in itself to hold the baffle in place.

I fitted mine to compare LOUD with quiet and see the difference, but now it's proving a nightmare to remove.

I think removal will be permanent... :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts