Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a tank protector? I'm starting to notice very small scratches in the tank finish down there near the family jewels.

The searches I've done so far just turn up those flashy sport-bike protectors. I was hoping there would be a clear protector or something to match the most sought-after NB color scheme, which of course is B&W.

What say you?

P

·
Registered
76 Posts
American Sportbike (Buell stuff) sells clear cling sheets,installs by spraying the tank with glass cleaner and squeegeing the fluid out . The only hard part is cutting a design that will not curl up. i bought some for my Buell but lost my patients trying on the thruxton. i think it's made by 3M...........

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You might like this. I have one on my B&W tank, and usually don't notice it. I used one on my previous Yamaha, so between the two bikes, that's several years without a problem. I got tired of polishing scratches out of the bottom of the tank and realized I would soon be through the clear coat. The Traditional Tank Pad (scroll down) in black is nice looking on a T100. No adhesive--you heat it up and put it on. Adheres magnetically. The heating is just to get it to conform to the shape of the tank.

Mag-Knight Tank Pad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.