Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have had a look around for a recommended parts section, I am not sure if I missed it or if one has not yet been created.

Anyway my thoughts are if there were to be an area/sticky that allows ST owners to go, for a quick reference when purchasing things like spark plugs, brake pads, fork oil, oil filter, oil, ECU, tyres, etc. This could include info such as the best heat range spark plugs and type such as iridium, platinum or standard, fork oil weight and manufacturer etc etc.

Unfortunately I cannot contribute at this time because Triumphs are very very new to me, but I will contribute in the future once I attain the knowledge.

If the above suggestion is not appropriate I apologize in advance, for my ignorance. Regards Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look at the top of the Sprint forum page. You will find it under the sub forum Maintenance Tips and Tricks for your Sprint

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave,

I have read the sticky about protocol and agree with the principle, it is a good starting point.
My suggestion above is for a quick reference with limited gossip, allowing members to find out which oil filter, spark plugs, etc are regarded as most suitable for use in an ST.
e.g NGK iridium spark plug #12345

I maybe way off course here, but thought that I would throw it out there and see what others think???

regards Dave

Hi and welcome Dave to our Sprint forum.:)

I hope you like it as much as we do:)

I ask all newcomers to the forum to please read the stickies at the top and particularly the sticky for new members.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks mate, some how I missed it twice, I will have a better look

Dave,
there is a sticky already for parts as duvall66.

Look in that subforum and you will find a thread by Panthers_den with all the part number information.

Or try the search function:)

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dolson Iceman

Thanks Dolson and Iceman, maybe it was the heatwave out here or maybe it was the rum? not quite sure or maybe just old age? Owell I found it eventually thanks to you all.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts