Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding a 2008 carb Thruxton. Short of sending it off to TPUSA to have the crank, top end, bore over kit done, what are some good performance upgrades I might think of adding?

Already running BC predator pipes, AI removed, airbox removed/K&N filters (debating throwing some velocity stacks on cause they look awesome) and Nology coil/wires. so she's breathing well and getting good spark anything else I can do as far as quick bolt on stuff or am I down to heavy duty motor work to make more power?

I was thinking maybe FCR flatside carbs. Anyone have any experience with these? worth the money or should I invest elsewhere and worry about carbs if/when I do the cam, big bore kit etc.?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Riding a 2008 carb Thruxton. Short of sending it off to TPUSA to have the crank, top end, bore over kit done, what are some good performance upgrades I might think of adding?
If you are contemplating a big bore, then you certainly want to go FCRs next. Those are the same units you will use if and when you go big.

Unless you are thing of going way big when you upgrade, then a set of 813 cams are a good move too. Might postpone that big bore for a bit...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that's what I was saying was things to do before that. I don't plan on getting that deep into it until next winter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another vote for FCR's, 813's & igniter. I would do all those before the big bore. And I'd forget about the velocity stacks if you want your motor to last. According to Carlos they don't flow much better then the uni filters anyways. They do look cool though.
well.... dangit. They look so damn cool... rather have the bike last though.
I dunno what happened, I was playing around on the internet, I blacked out for a few minutes, next thing I know I have a paypal receipt from procomp in my email. Cam will be a project for next winter, FCR's come tax return time. thanks guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
well.... dangit. They look so damn cool... rather have the bike last though.
I dunno what happened, I was playing around on the internet, I blacked out for a few minutes, next thing I know I have a paypal receipt from procomp in my email. Cam will be a project for next winter, FCR's come tax return time. thanks guys.

Procom igniter works well. I advanced the timing on mine and it worked even better. Ask Mikeinva if you have questions how. He walked me through programming mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts