Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I would like to humbly suggest my town, Chattanooga TN. It is in the middle of other cities, only 2 hours from Nashville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Huntsville, Knoxville. (Plus, some of the best twisties to ride and close to several race tracks.)

Chattanooga was voted more than once as a top-ten place to live because of all that it offers. It's a beautiful river and (small) mountain town with great outdoor activities and sports, and good food and lots of museums. The downtown is gorgeous and there's lots to do, especially around the river scene. There's a fantastic aquarium. There's even some world class hanggliding here on Lookout Mountain, although truly not as grand as SoCal scene with it's desert thermals and mountains. Still, folks come from around the world to fly here. There's also the Civil War battle fields and all that history. The traffic here is a breeze! You can get anywhere in no time. Of course, the town is not that big. But you might want to check it out. Just sayin.....:)

BTW when is your event sceduled?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
This could really get out of hand quickly! Like by saying Chattanooga IS in Tennessee....The window of good weather is even less than Port Douglas.....Chiggers?
My niece is in med school at Vandy, so the western side of the state must be OK....

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You're not from 'round here, I can tell! :p Chiggers don't come out til late Summer/early Fall. Chattanooga is East of Nashville (Vandy), which means you're closer to the Cherohala Skyway, Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge, North GA roads, etc etc etc. It sux West of Nashville! (Unless you're looking for Elvis!)

We got all kinds of weather! Sacrifice your virgins early to guarantee proper riding weather. ;):D:rolleyes:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts