Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for replacement headlight bulbs for a '06 Daytona 675. I want to replace the high and low beams with something really bright for day and night use. I need company brand, wattage and model numbers. (something that does not burn hot and that will not melt the housing). Thanks in advance, Xavi

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
I don't know the exact bulb size without looking it up, but if you get PIAA Super White bulbs, they are the same wattage but put out more light than stock. I think there are some others very similar that do the same thing. They shouldn't be too hard to find. Use stock wattage and you won't melt anything.

·
Registered
94 Posts
sylvania silverstars are pretty good too. same concept as the PIAAs but i heard they last a little longer.

if i were to get some new lights with a 675, id go HIDs. thats just me though. :cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
On 2006-11-17 07:21, Xavi wrote:
Any suggestions for replacement headlight bulbs for a '06 Daytona 675. I want to replace the high and low beams with something really bright for day and night use. I need company brand, wattage and model numbers. (something that does not burn hot and that will not melt the housing). Thanks in advance, Xavi
If you want to be more visable for the other traffic go with these: Philips Motovision

Description____Volt__Watt___Base
H4 MotoVision__12__60/55__P43t-38
H7 MotoVision__12___55____PX26d

I've noticed that cars notice me more now with the "different glow" in the lights.

But if you're going for the most light: Philips Blue Vision or Philips Silver Vision

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. But, there is another problem. The manual says one type of bulbs and my dealer says another. As far as I can tell, these are H7 & H9 bulbs. Why would Triumph put the wrong bulbs (H4) in the manuals.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Xavi,
I remember reading somewhere on the forum that there was a misprint (ok, a mistake) in the manual about the bulbs. Best bet would be to pull out the bulbs. Hold on, I've got my front fairing off sitting next to me. The low beam bulb is a 12V55W H7 and the high beam is 12V65W H9.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
On 2006-11-29 20:52, vitabrew wrote:
Hold on, I've got my front fairing off sitting next to me. The low beam bulb is a 12V55W H7 and the high beam is 12V65W H9.

Now that's good service.

:-D

T

·
0 Posts
Can only find H4's and H7's in the Philps Motovision range - no H9's in sight :razz:

Seriously though, anyone had any luck finding a H9?

·
Registered
728 Posts
SlowPocono wrote:
Now that's good service
Hey Chuck! you know he cant keep his hands off that thing!
I'm frightened to think what he does ...alone in the garage...with no-one around... :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
On 2006-12-05 17:05, Gdsila wrote:
SlowPocono wrote:
Now that's good service
Hey Chuck! you know he cant keep his hands off that thing!
I'm frightened to think what he does ...alone in the garage...with no-one around... :eek:
Slow striptease, removing one body panel at a time.... :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts