Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

Looking at some bars for the Scrambler that sit higher and come back a bit... something similar to what is on my dad's US Spec '73 Commando. I see there are western bars from Norman Hyde, does anyone else make Triumph specific bars like this?
:cool:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I put 60's style Triumph bars on mine. I like them a lot. You can pick them up at most classic bike parts places. PM me if you want some sources. I believe Western bars are 1" for the Bonnie. Your Scram has 7/8" bars.

You can always get U.S. Norton bars too, but the rise may require new cables. I believe these are the ones you're talking about:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Jon,
Do you mean the Triumph bars? I did drill two small holes to accommodate the small tabs on both switch assemblies. Others just file off the little tabs and that works fine too. That's the only modification needed. Bars are 32" wide.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did mean the Triumph bars....sorry about that. Drilling those holes should be fairly straightforward...

Thanks for the help!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have just bought some European style Commando handlebars to put on my Scrambler. They have a similar 'bend' to the US versions but are not as high. Not tried fitting them yet, but they have a similar rise and width to the original Scrambler bars, therefore I dont expect cable lengths to be an issue. The ends of the Commando bars are pulled back a little more than the Scrambler's and are a more natural fit in your hands.

Norton part no. for US handlebars is 06-1046, European handlebars are 06-4123.

p.s. gorgeous looking Commando pictured above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts