Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
G'day Vox T,

"Quality" and "cheap" are often not found together in the same sentence!

There is a sticky at the top of the T3 forum page called "T3 Parts Interchangeability", there is a list of compatable oil filters there.

I used the triumph filter last time, it wasn't too expensive either...

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
316 Posts
Agreed Roden
Quality and cheap is an oxymoron

I have aTriumph factory filter ready to go in.
The dealer doesn't discount anything

I've used Fram filters in other bikes.
My Suzuki gets a new Fram every 2K never had a problem

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
There is a school of thought that says the Fram filters are poorly constructed. Fram's response to that seems fairly convincing to me. I am undecided on the Fram issue.

Other than Fram, the other filters for the T3 bikes are pretty much the same, quality-wise. They're also pretty close price-wise. None of them come with the proper O-rings, AFAIK.

Note that the case is different with the spin-on filters for my RS & similar bikes. In that case, the Purolator Pure One & Mobil-1 filters are demonstrably superior.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The only filter that ever failed on me was a Framm (spin-on) that I put on my Sportster. I got it because it was half the price of oem but it ruptured on a cold morning start after nightshift and bled my bloody expensive Pennsoil all over the tarmac...

Cheers,

Roden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.