Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Man, that is a beautiful Scrambler! Like it's 1967 all over again - and I could fail algebra in high school one more time!!! Oooh yeah!

·
29,948 Posts
I copied this into the main forum because it was generating quite a lot of interest - and rightly so - it looks great.

Welcome to the forum, perhaps you can tell us a bit about what you have done here?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
emercado,
I sent you a private message with some questions because you were on the photo site. Look for the pm in the upper right of the page. You can answer with a post here. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wants to know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Great looking scrambler. First Triumph I ever saw was a scrambler. My 4th grade teacher's boyfriend had one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Details

The Scrambler started life as 07 Green/Silver I purchased used. Booneville fenders front and rear, lower legs swapped, Norman Hyde western bars, Karoo tires, Hagon, Works, currently working on the seat should be finished in a week.
Thanks again for all the interest. Steve

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Just realized one thing that makes this bike stand out, in my view - it does not have the stock mirrors interfering with the lines [in fact, I don't see any mirrors]. No offence to the stock mirror fans, but I don't like 'em.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree about the mirrors my intention is to use a 4 inch round mounted to the bar itself. The bike is not complete yet I'm still working on a seat and will post additional photos soon.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I agree about the mirrors my intention is to use a 4 inch round mounted to the bar itself. The bike is not complete yet I'm still working on a seat and will post additional photos soon.
Four inch, big mirror. I used a Mirrycycle bike mirror - like this

but modified to this

They are cheap, anywhere from 13 to 20 bucks, and work extremely well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You've done a really nice job,man.That's what a Scrambler is supposed to look like.Keep the pics coming as you progress.Are those Karoo tires?Where are you located?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You,
I was able to use the throttle and clutch cable had to replace the brake line with one four inches longer.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Top notch, top notch!!!

I am a HUGE McQueen geek, that bike is stellar. Had thoughts of something similar once. Have you thought about doing the leather side covers and a handle bar brace with wrenches strapped? Oh and the mini air tank connected to the frame. Just like the ISDT bike. I geeked out seeing yours so much.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Hey FYI,
Triumph released new Steve McQueen T-Shirts a few weeks ago. They are red sleeved with a white trunk and Steve is jumping his #278 Scrambler on the front.

I saw them at my dealer and they are amazing. They also have new 50th anniversary Bonnie Shirts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts