Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
man.... I wish I can clean up my wires like yours....
awesome work

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are the bluetooth features of the m-unit blue worth it? I've always been suspicious of the keyless start-up feature.

·
Registered
04 Bonneville, Tiger front end, Ohlins, CR-S's, UNI pods, Renthal's, Brembo 19 RCS, m-Unit, AG 801
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
man.... I wish I can clean up my wires like yours....
awesome work
Thanks a lot. Pulling this sort of thing off on an EFI bike would obviously be far more challenging. I'm honestly not sure of how compatibility would go with an EFI bike. If your bike is EFI but pre CANBUS I think it would be possible, just leaving the injector firing bits in place. Thats a bit of an oversimplification but it seems nowadays just about anything is possible with enough coin, where there's a will there's a way.

Reactions: okitoki

·
Registered
04 Bonneville, Tiger front end, Ohlins, CR-S's, UNI pods, Renthal's, Brembo 19 RCS, m-Unit, AG 801
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Are the bluetooth features of the m-unit blue worth it? I've always been suspicious of the keyless start-up feature.
The blue lets you use the m-Ride app. The app's pretty neat in regards to setting up the m-Unit itself, keeping up with service intervals, minor diagnostics (lights being out mainly), and the GPS location/route mapping. I believe it can be wired, using one of the AUX outputs, giving the system the ability to monitor the charge status of the battery without the key being turned; being the a switched 12v source is needed for the reg/rec. It works but I've never used it so a moot point for me there. I figured if I was going the m-Unit route why not go all out.

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
858 Posts
Thank u so much for taking the time to share your build with us, very cool bike!……FTG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank u so much for taking the time to share your build with us, very cool bike!……FTG
Thanks a lot, I see we have the same taste in shocks, cool.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts