Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking. There is a clamping washer that goes with the crankshaft timing pinion. I'm pretty sure when I took the pinion off, the washer was between the nut and the pinion. The parts book shows it between the pinion and the crank shaft (next to the main bearing). I installed it as per the parts book and the intermediate wheel lines up on it fine in that configuration. Maybe the terminology is throwing me off. If it does indeed go behind the pinion, I'd call it a "spacer". Also, my intermediate wheel spindle was loose (it actually fell out) so I put some "sleeve retainer" goop on it and installed it with the hole to the bottom and the open end toward the timing cover. I put the timing cover on while the goop is drying to make sure it lines up. Is it installed correctly? I couldn't find any reference to it in the manual but it's late and I'm tired so I might have missed it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Washer goes with the chamfered side towards the crank, against the bearing, and then the pinion tightens against it. The nut tightens on the pinion the same as the camshaft nuts. Yes you have installed the intermediate wheel spindle correctly with the hole facing down, the hole goes into the timing cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts