Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy, In the process of getting my tires changed somewhere between the house and store I lost my rear wheel spacer on the caliper side, the spacer that goes between the bearing and the brake caliper carrier on my 2016 Thruxton 900 EFI

The issue is the dealership says I need a T2012085 "Stepped Spacer" (which of course they have to order) which sounded ok until the I looked at the exploded parts diagram and the Stepper Spacer looks backwards and is part of the crush drive?

I don;t see how this would fit on the bearing/oil seal. I found a old photo from a 2008 Haynes manual and that part looks correct, where as the on line part diagram does not.

Anyone have an idea if this the correct part number?

thanks

Missing spacer

·
Registered
895 Posts
Look up your bike on Bikebandit or the like.
Then look at the exploded view and it should show the required part number.

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
7,944 Posts
I looked at the parts diagram for your MY Thruxton and the 2008 Thruxton on Hermy's Triumph site. The two diagrams are the same. And, the part number for part #24 is the same as you posted. You are getting a bit confused by the exploded view of the parts diagram vs the photo from the Haynes manual. It looks like the spacer and cush rubbers are on the right side of the wheel, but in reality, the cush rubbers go into the casting on the left side and the stepped spacer goes in the hole in the middle against the bearing and oil seal. Moving those parts to their correct location in the wheel hub you will see that the larger diameter of the spacer goes up against the bearing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Felony,

Today I picked up the T2012085 spacer and it appears to be the cush pad spacer that goes "inside" hub, not the one the goes against the brake caliper carrier. I'll know for sure tomorrow night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts