Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way of raising the rear wheel off the ground on the ST? I have no centre stand fitted, so is it a paddock type of stand, or a jack?
Anyone tried to use the centre stand mounting holes somehow?
Steve

·
Registered
864 Posts
street Twin I’m guessing. Just get some bobbins, threaded holes already there and a decent paddock stand. Pit Bull is an excellent one. They make one with the traditional rear handle and one with a side handle if you have limited space. The one with the side handle is better if you’re a little nervous lifting the bike from the rear.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have a motorcycle sissor jack that works great and is also good to use when the bike is on the lift work table fo under $100 no need for bobbins and has adjustable arm to sit on the frame and also a flat top works on all my bikes.

Ashley

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a motorcycle sissor jack that works great and is also good to use when the bike is on the lift work table fo under $100 no need for bobbins and has adjustable arm to sit on the frame and also a flat top works on all my bikes.

Ashley
Is it fairly stable?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Solid as a rock. Place it under the tabs for the optional centre stand.

When lifting the front wheel, place it under the cat - just remove the heat shield.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, they look good for raising the wheel.
Might need something else though when I need to remove it
Thank's
Yes, you will. Also for chain tensioning. I use a harbor freight scissors jack for that (and oil changes, etc.). But for chain maintenance these are faster and simpler than jacking up the bike. If it’s a choice of one or the other I’d get the scissors jack.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Is it fairly stable?
Its a motorcycle sissor jack and is completely stable, that and my lift table are 2 of the best things I brought for my workshop, and the good thing about the sissor jack it slids under the bike and don't get in the way when working on the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts