Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a rear wheel refurb either I or the paint shop seems to have damaged the disc mount points. Only noticed when took it for MOT and it failed. MOT tester said it was the disc but I bought a brand new disc and still warped such that the rear caliper can be seen to slide from side to side a little. So my questions are:

1.Can the rear wheel disc mount points be machined. I guess not as this will alter the location of the disc in relation to the caliper. ie the disc will be closer to the wheel ??!!??

2.If the rear is FUBAR does anybody have one in dirt Triumph grey for 97 Triumph Trident Sprint.

Simon

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
The rear caliper *should* slide from side to side a little. That's how it's designed; it's a fixed disk / floating caliper setup. I'm sure the mount points could be machined or shimmed, but I rather suspect that the problem is the tester and not the machine. (And if it's really egregious movement of the sort that would indicate pads dragging on the rotor at speed, I would look at the pistons in the caliper before blaming the rotor.)

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts