Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an adjustment you can make to rear suspension by inserting a tool, that's located in the right side panel, to the rear shocks. There's five settings from which to select. I'm thinking this is to adjust for weight. Is this correct? if so, how do you determine which setting?

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
There's an adjustment you can make to rear suspension by inserting a tool, that's located in the right side panel, to the rear shocks. There's five settings from which to select. I'm thinking this is to adjust for weight. Is this correct? if so, how do you determine which setting?
Correct. If it doesn't feel too firm and you aren't bottoming out on big bumps, leave it alone. If you are, raise it one notch at a time until you get the best mix of bump resistance and comfort. No adjustable damping, so it's pretty straight-forward and what you get is what you've got.

Reactions: hmooring

·
Registered
259 Posts
What weight are you. I'm around 190lbs and find 3 or the middle setting works fine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you have it at the softest setting, its on one. ( the spring is the least compressed ) Five is the firmest setting. Three is the middle setting with tow clicks either way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts