Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

If you recall- I'm the guy who crashed my very nice Roulette green 02 speed triple. I'm trying to put it back together. I found a rear subframe from an 01. The seller thinks it is the same - I know the plastic is different. But I'm wondering if anyone knows if it will work? The rear subframe on mine is black - this one is silver. I planned on just painting it if will work.

Also if anyone has an idea what parts are interchangable from year to year - that would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm pretty sure your dealer is correct. Almost all the T500 (955i) Speed Triples and Daytonas are very close to each other frame wise. In fact, some of the locals (i.e. Kuhlka) have swapped bodywork because they liked a different year better.

I'd say go for it! The worst that could happen is you would need to buy plastic to go with your new frame. You might like it.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
The rear subframe is different on the '02-04. Kuhlka put on the older subframe on his '02 so he could use the older,ie cooler looking rear bodywork. Maybe he'll read this and help steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Eh, I'd have to double check the raised mount and take some measurements, but I'm fairly sure the only way that'd work, if it even will, would still require you to install the metal risers that hold the rear part of the plastic from your stock subframe. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
See what happens when I open my big fat mouth? Athletes tongue.

Never listen to a word I say/type. I'm always sure I'm right, up until some lousybastard proves me wrong.

Thanks Kuhlka. :razz:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
On 2006-11-18 19:33, crashmasterd wrote:

Never listen to a word I say/type. I'm always sure I'm right, up until some lousybastard proves me wrong.
You must be getting used to this by now Crash....... :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts