Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is another option for rear sets for a Bonneville ?

I've seen both the NH and LS versions at New Bon & Bella C but at
$ 400.00 and up would rather find an alternative.

Like the look of the Norm Hyde much more period look .

·
Registered
82 Posts
be sure to post the results of whatever you do. i would like to see how to modify those guzzino rearsets. i guess you would have to find the rods and fabricate mounting brackets?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I have the NH rearsets and really like them. Like you, I wanted the period/plain look vs the LSL's machined space age look. I got lucky and scored my rearsets used in the classifieds for $150. That doesn't help you much, but my advice would be to bite the bullet and buy the NH rearsets.

The omar's/Raask rearsets do look kinda cheap, but they ARE cheap, so if money is tight that might be an option. One member on this forum had 'em years ago and liked 'em.

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
The Raask rearsets work OK, but as has been said they are cheap and you certainly get what you pay for. The one area on them that makes it worthwhile going for a more expensive set is the rear brake setup. The brake lever doesn't have enough height where the rod attaches so the cantilever effect is reduced and you have over an inch of movement in the brake pedal that can't be adjusted out. You do get used to it, but it's not ideal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts