Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the brackets, linkage, pedals, etc. fit on an adventurer?
Has anyone here tried it?

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I've just fitted TBS (rearset) footrests on my Legend. I'm somewhat short-legged but I'm very happy with the results. (Should mention here my seat is a Tbird item.) Legs & knees can now be used for better control on cornering & bumpy roads rather than just being dead weights. (Stock is fine if you like more 'forward'/'cruiser' controls, just not so useful for shifting weight to aid control.)

I was also lucky that after reversing the gear shaft lever 180 degrees to maintain stock up-for-up shift sequence, I still had 4 or 5mm clearance above the sidestand. Wasn't totally sure I'd be able to do this before I bought the rests/levers. For some reason (wear?) my buddy's TBS sidestand seems to fold up 10mm higher/closer than the Legend.

The TBS rear brake lever pivots on the footrest mount & is way shorter than the stock item & hence way less 'mechanical advantage' (leverage).
It's noticeably more work to apply the rear brake when used alone at <10mph but I'm also less likely to lock it up in a more panicky emergency stop situation. Overall I'm happy with that. (BTW, I checked to see if TBS used a different master cylinder - it doesn't, same part#)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Mike! And yes, I should have been more specific about the TBS controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts