Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes. I have some billet ones from Pro Italia. I crashed earlier this year on the track and managed to grind down a peg and shifter lever. I have not been able to source any replacement parts. I bought some Raask rear sets which I haven't fitted as I did not like the look of them once I saw them in the flesh. I still have my standard ones and may go back with those. Please share if you manage to source some others.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I mounted the Tarozzi's to the stock peg brackets. So, If you are looking for more leg room, you can switch your pegs to the Sprint, Trident location. You may have to get longer linkage, but the locations are there on your stock peg brackets.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being a total luddite I ordered a new set of pegs from Oberon to replace the damaged one, many thanks for your time and help gents.

·
Registered
107 Posts
......, If you are looking for more leg room, you can switch your pegs to the Sprint, Trident location. You may have to get longer linkage, but the locations are there on your stock peg brackets.
Has anyone actually done this? I've been toying with the idea (in reverse) as I want some more ground-clearance on a '98 Sprint Sport.
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a T3 Daytona/Speed-Triple that I can pore over and take some piccies of to see if it looks like it'd work or not but they're thin on the ground over here in Brisbane, Australia.
Thanks ..... Clem

·
Registered
826 Posts
if you take a picture of the bits of interest on your bike, i will take identical pics of the same bits on my daytona if thats of any use to you?

·
Registered
107 Posts
if you take a picture of the bits of interest on your bike, i will take identical pics of the same bits on my daytona if thats of any use to you?
You show me yours, I'll show you mine?!??
Hell yeah. Thanks very much.
--
Clem

(PS: I'm a luddite about this forum-posting thingie so please tell me if I've done this incorrectly)

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
hmmm, i may not be of any help im afraid, i always forget that mine has a slightly different frame to the more recent versions

·
Registered
107 Posts
hmmm, i may not be of any help im afraid, i always forget that mine has a slightly different frame to the more recent versions

Oh well; thanks anyway.
Actually I think the pre-93 models had a sort of intermediate footpeg position that'd perfect for my useage. I doubt the parts would be interchangeable though..........
--
Clem

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Should help, Mot, maybe an explanation as well...

Mot's pegs are in the upper position, note the large-headed Allen bolt in the lower position.

Clem/Knob's pegs are in the lower position, Allen bolt above...

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
826 Posts
ah, i see, tthe adjustment is on the back plate, rather than moving the backplate on the frame!
my backplate only has the 1 position, but i dare say, that i could mount the newer style backplates to my frame

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can the back plate be removed and heel plates be bolted on instead? or do the back plates hold loads of things together (Impressed with my technical terms..?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts