Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was going to either repair my broken factory rear set (shifter side) or hope that someone had a factory set to sell cheaply. Alas it was not to be. My set is pretty mangled. I could probably weld it up and make it work, but it wouldn't be pretty and I'd worry about it breaking all the time.

So what are everybody's favorite rear sets? Presumably something reasonably priced. A $500 set of Rizoma's just isn't in my budget!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I got some Lightech's from Carpimoto. I believe PJ's has them also. Nice, simple ball bearing units that you can get replacement parts for. Don't recall exactly what I paid for them but I hope it wasn't $500.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have Rizomas. Nice piece of equipment, but I gotta warn you, they're quite high up. Takes some getting used to after the stockers.

LSL makes cool rear sets too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ended up getting LSLs after bending my brake lever beyond recovery (it was the only damage from a zero-speed drop). I just couldn't bring myself to pay what Triumph wanted for a replacement part so ended up paying far more than I had originally budgeted for what LSL had to offer.

Very glad I did, though - the LSLs inspire a whole lot more confidence in the bike and are incredibly well-built. I've got them set fairly high and back, but at their lowest they're still higher than stock (which is no bad thing in my book).

They're in the same ballpark as Rizoma when it comes to price, though, but it's one area where it's worth spending the extra - after all, your feet will be on them the whole time you're on the bike. I prefer the look and build of the LSLs to the Rizomas but I'm sure others would disagree...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts