Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just bought a 99 Adventurer and need a rear rack for it so I can fit a box to keep my helmet in at the station. ( I know it won't look good and it will be removed for sunny days out:))

Does anyone know who makes a rack that will fit?

Will a rack for a Thunderbird fit?

Thanks Jim

·
Registered
221 Posts
I found one on ebay recently for $100. They had several in stock. While the TB sissy bar won't fit the rack should.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems like a lot of extra parts are hard to find, especially for the Adventurer. I also have a 2000 Adventurer. I made my own rack, and it cost me $20 total. Mounted a trunk on it so I could run errands and also put my helmet in when I go into a store. Haven't found any helmet lock on this bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I have just bought a 99 Adventurer and need a rear rack for it so I can fit a box to keep my helmet in at the station. ( I know it won't look good and it will be removed for sunny days out:))

Does anyone know who makes a rack that will fit?

Will a rack for a Thunderbird fit?

Thanks Jim
Jim,

If I am not correted, I believe the Adventurer and the Legend are one in the same. If so, I may have a rear sissy bar and rack.

Check if this is true and get back to me if you are still interested...

Glen

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
They are not the same because everybody offering luggage racks for the TB also list it to fit TBS and Legend, but never adventurer. Presumably, the harleyesque rear fender is creating problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are not the same because everybody offering luggage racks for the TB also list it to fit TBS and Legend, but never adventurer. Presumably, the harleyesque rear fender is creating problems.
Are you sure about that?

The Adventurer was supposed to be the Legend all dressed up in chrome...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The Legend is a mix of the original TB and the TBS with a few twists of its own like the seat. The Adventurer had a solo seat and a big rear fender, although a dual seat was an option.

You should be able to find them both here http://www.freewallpapers.cz/motorcycles/index23.htm

Edit: The Adventurer came out in 1996 and the Legend in 1999 if memory serves, the latter as a low-cost option. Not unlike the Guzzi Jakal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts