Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Happy Xmas !!

Just gave my '06 Daytona 955i a much needed clean after a month's worth of commuting in all weathers to find that the right side rear footpeg hanger is starting to tarnish, not rusting so much but definately looking pitted (came up okay after half an hour with a tube of autosol and a bit of elbow grease). Other side is perfect as is all the rest of the chrome/alloy - in act I'm well surprised at how well she came through the cruddy weather we've been having. Has anyone else suffered a similar fate ?? I can only assume it's down to the heat of the can?

Anyway, apart from that I can only give the trumpet a 10 out of 10 - stunning bike.

[ This message was edited by: Akerman on 2006-12-23 13:38 ]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Delete - 'Xmas' and replace with Christmas for all those saddo's out there - :hammer:

Anyway, back to basics - anyone suffered from rusty footpeg hangers before?

[ This message was edited by: Akerman on 2006-12-24 08:49 ]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
both mine are looking the worse for wear, they are definatly feeling the salt, I am considering getting rid as I rerely carry a pilion, I will have to get a braket for the pipe but I am also thinking they would look OK in black along with the rest of the Bike. Hapy Christmas to you too.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Akerman, While neither of the D955is here show that I have seen it on polished aluminum that's been clear coated. Just the smallest of breachs in the coating will allow corrosion. On some aluminum wheels I removed the clear coat, polished and waxed.

Merry Christmas, Brad

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I'll mention it to the dealer when it goes in for it's service in March - shouldn't have to put up with tarnished alloy I suppose.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts