Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i am looking to chop my rear mudguard but should i mess it up was wondering what the price was for rear the mudguard?

any one bought one?

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
You should check out the classified on here. There are both used regular fenders (mudguards) and shorty fenders which are for sale. Some with the tail light cluster attached and others without.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You should check out the classified on here. There are both used regular fenders (mudguards) and shorty fenders which are for sale. Some with the tail light cluster attached and others without.
Yes but they are for Bonnie / Thrux not a Speedmaster which hundleton1 appears to ride. Would I be correct in that assumption?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Unless you are all thumbs, the liklihood of you messing it up is small. Measure/mark exactly how you want it and use a good tool for the cut - no problem. [Hah! so what if it winds up a little shorter than planned:D].

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
fenderbob

There are plenty of posts with pictures to guide you through the process of bobbing.
It only takes about an hour all told, mask off the area of the back fender, use a fine blade on your skil saw or dreml (dreml has a nice diamond cut blade, pricey but does a nice job.
Sandpaper off the cut, use touch up paint on the ends and you are in business....
Go for it, you won't mess up if you go slow and easy.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
You what?

was wondering what the price was for rear the mudguard?
Surely you'd get an accurate and quicker reponse if you simply telephoned (remember them?) a Triumph dealer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Save your money and cut your own, then if you mess it up you can buy one.It took me 1 hour from start to finish to do mine, that included taking it off and putting it back on (cost to me - nothing)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Save your money and cut your own, then if you mess it up you can buy one.It took me 1 hour from start to finish to do mine, that included taking it off and putting it back on (cost to me - nothing)
I left mine right on the bike! I'm sooo lazy, LOL.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
before i chop i have been playing with photo shop, cant make up my mind which i prefer :confused:

·
Registered
615 Posts
3rd one over the 1st, but not so keen on the middle one!!

Their you go, I've made up your mind for you :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts