Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Triumph enthusiasts. I was advised this was the perfect location to get answers to my troubles.

recently bought a 900 Rally pro here in the states. The bike came with these clunky DOT approved turn signals so I went ahead and ordered the scrolling LED turn signals from
World of Triumph with the part number A9838077. I was advised by an employee that this was the correct part for the front and rear. After installation they looked beautiful and worked fine. That is, however, until I took it for a ride. The Screen shows an error stating “Rear Left Indicator” check manual & “Rear Right indicator” check manual. The turn signals are working but when I’m riding and turn on my indicator, the bike seems to turn it off immediately.
Ive attached a photo of the error I’m receiving. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's reports out there of people fitting these indicators and it keeps popping errors on the dash. No known reason why, so far, other then it's a CANBUS bike so propably they are not playing nice.

It could be that the dealer needs to enable something in software, have you tried contacting a dealer and asking them?

If you have Facebook, there's a big thread about this over HERE and HERE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m pleased to know that I’m not the only person suffering with this issue at least. I have contacted the dealer though, their service guy was out yesterday so hopefully I get some sort of an answer today. I’ve also reached out to Triumph US and Triumph UK directly. I’ll updated the thread with any information that I get.
Thanks for your insight by the way!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m pleased to know that I’m not the only person suffering with this issue at least. I have contacted the dealer though, their service guy was out yesterday so hopefully I get some sort of an answer today. I’ve also reached out to Triumph US and Triumph UK directly. I’ll updated the thread with any information that I get.
Thanks for your insight by the way!
Any news on this? I just put Touratech Zega Pro panniers on my wife's Tiger 900 GT Low and the US DOT indicators interfere with the lid on the lefthand side. I'm hoping the shorter European indicators will clear it, but I clearly can't have nonfunctional indicators on her bike!

Any idea if the non-scrolling units (A2701151) avoid this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any news on this? I just put Touratech Zega Pro panniers on my wife's Tiger 900 GT Low and the US DOT indicators interfere with the lid on the lefthand side. I'm hoping the shorter European indicators will clear it, but I clearly can't have nonfunctional indicators on her bike!

Any idea if the non-scrolling units (A2701151) avoid this problem?
hey, the issue was never resolved. Contacted a lot of places but the warning light still appears. You can change the settings for the indicators so that they work in the basic function which means they’ll turn off when you manually turn them off however your warning light on the dash will not go away. I ended up returning the rear set and kept the front pair. It’s unfortunate because the DOT approved indicators are trash

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey, the issue was never resolved. Contacted a lot of places but the warning light still appears. You can change the settings for the indicators so that they work in the basic function which means they’ll turn off when you manually turn them off however your warning light on the dash will not go away. I ended up returning the rear set and kept the front pair. It’s unfortunate because the DOT approved indicators are trash
That's a shame. The DOT indicators are terrible. And as far as I can tell, Triumph didn't just change the indicator design for the North American market. They also made the change so that the rear indicators are secondary brake lights as well... and THAT is where the problem originates, at least in my eyes. I am convinced it's a software change, but I doubt that Triumph will authorize any North American dealers to make that change.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There's reports out there of people fitting these indicators and it keeps popping errors on the dash. No known reason why, so far, other then it's a CANBUS bike so propably they are not playing nice.

It could be that the dealer needs to enable something in software, have you tried contacting a dealer and asking them?
What is really bizarre is that if you look up installation instructions for this part number, there is no mention of any such thing as a dealer having to flip a bit in the computer. Install and go. This is Triumph official instructions! It’s an oddity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree. The only indication of a potential problem is a "Notice" that reads: "For the US and Canadian markets only, this accessory kit does not comply with F/CMVSS 108. The fitting of this accessory kit is at the owner's risk. If you use a motorcycle fitted with this kit on public roads, you may be prosecuted." Zero indication of technical incompatibility.

I come from the Harley world. Every bike we've owned prior to this Tiger has been a Harley. Harley has plenty of faults, but unclear limits on customization is certainly NOT one of them. I am beginning to fear that this new Triumph experience might be a series of headaches.

Oh, and @DFW900GTRider, I'm guessing you're in Dallas-Ft. Worth. We are in Denton. If you're open to it, we'd love to chat to get the scoop on local dealership experiences, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts