Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one looked at that ***** alloy that the rear foot rest hangers are made of.The lacquer is coming off mine and it's not an unloved bike.It gets cleaned on a regular basis, and if I go for a ride in the winter, it gets jet washed to get any salt off it.
When I first bought the bike I noticed the alloy was flawed when viewed up close.
I had the previous model, which was better and other people I meet seem to think build quality is going down hill for Triumph.
I would rather pay more for a better quality bike than put up with a poorly finnished bike. :(

·
Registered
583 Posts
On 2006-11-18 11:39, Trumpton wrote:
Any one looked at that ***** alloy that the rear foot rest hangers are made of.The lacquer is coming off mine and it's not an unloved bike.It gets cleaned on a regular basis, and if I go for a ride in the winter, it gets jet washed to get any salt off it.
When I first bought the bike I noticed the alloy was flawed when viewed up close.
I had the previous model, which was better and other people I meet seem to think build quality is going down hill for Triumph.
I would rather pay more for a better quality bike than put up with a poorly finnished bike. :(
hmm, i never really looked at it that way,, i always just seemed to have to much fun riding to care about alloy this or that, thank you for pointing it out.
ps,, i don't think triumph's are finnish, i think they're from england.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Don't know if the build quality has gone down hill ( but the new sprint looks a bit fragile and the Thruxton has a few people complaining about the engine casings looking shabby quick) but me old S3 T3 had been commuted through a few winters in the UK and bits were suffering the rear footrest hangers for one :(

Anyroad took them off sent them to triple S and had them shot and powder coated black...much better finish than original and have been perfect for the last three years...and yes I have been known to follow the odd gritting lorry home :wink:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm about to get my 1st S3, wonderful things, however, looking at the passenger seat and pax footrests I'd say the only thing that setup is good for would be gynecology! :idea: :eek:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I couldn't tell you from personal expierience, but it doesn't look very comfortable. My missus preferred it over the GSXR, Ninja, CBR and Bonneville. ( the Bonnies foot pegs were ok, the seat is like sitting on a 2X4). I'd like to put alow mount exhaust and some GSXR1000 pegs on it... However now she wants her own bike so maybe i'll hold off on the footpegs and get a seat cowl.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-11-19 07:49, GrahamC wrote:
...the rear (worthless) pegs were the first things I took off of mine... :-D
Worthless for their intended purpose perhaps, but not useless. When (not if) you lay down or crash this thing, or even if the neighbor kid bounces a basketball off it, then you'll see it save your expensive exhaust from damage.

·
Registered
583 Posts
yeah, i have to say my female friends have all preferred the s3 passenger pegs to the other bikes i've had,, bonny, thrux, america, suzygs550, ct90 :-D .

i'ld paint em black if i could, but it's real low on the list of things to do to my bike,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts