Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit confused here! On the 76' I have in the shed two threaded ferules are welded to the spoke side of the bracket to take two bolts that secure the caliper to the bracket.
My 77' does not have the threaded ferules. When looking at page 65 of the parts manual (for the 77) it shows the bolts entering the bracket from the spoke side and nuts on the outside
F11 in the workshop manual appears to show the bolts going from the outside with the nuts on the spoke side.
I have fitted the caliper with the nuts on the inside, the front nut is a real hit or miss affair to fit and it really looks as though the bolts should come in from the spoke side but then there is no way to fit the caliper to the disc because the bolts are to long!

Help!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Help

Bit confused here! On the 76' I have in the shed two threaded ferules are welded to the spoke side of the bracket to take two bolts that secure the caliper to the bracket.
My 77' does not have the threaded ferules. When looking at page 65 of the parts manual (for the 77) it shows the bolts entering the bracket from the spoke side and nuts on the outside
F11 in the workshop manual appears to show the bolts going from the outside with the nuts on the spoke side.
I have fitted the caliper with the nuts on the inside, the front nut is a real hit or miss affair to fit and it really looks as though the bolts should come in from the spoke side but then there is no way to fit the caliper to the disc because the bolts are to long!

Help!
are there subtle differences between the 76 and 77 years T140's? I understand that not all have re-built from the ground up, but I am, and, trying to keep all original. Some on this site must have re-built a 77 and must be able to help?

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
I will look at mine tonight (a 79) I'd have thought that the swingarms are the same, and so everything hangs off that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts