Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that the rear brake light light switch on the TBS is stuck in the on position.

Does anyone know what other bikes might use the same switch?
It's a Nissin Master Cylinder, and I assume the switch is actuated by hydraulic pressure so there must be another source for the switch.

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
it's a standard automotive part, you should be able to get one from your local auto parts supplier.

This came up a while ago, the choice was between metric and (I think) pipe thread. The metric is the one you want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
it's a standard automotive part, you should be able to get one from your local auto parts supplier.

This came up a while ago, the choice was between metric and (I think) pipe thread. The metric is the one you want.
I know this thread is fairly old, but I just replaced my rear brake pressure switch this morning. This is what I needed fro my 97 Thunderbird and I am guessing it is the same for all.

Brake-Light Banjo Bolt with Built-In Pressure Switch
Single Bleed
M10-1.25mm Thread

Hopefully this helps so you can make fewer trips to the parts store than I did.

·
Registered
92 Posts
automotive # brake light switch

David,, for rear brake light switch... what make did you get? what part #???? I am assuming you did NOT use a triumph part?...is this correct???? what Exactly did you come up with???? please give complete details...i searched the forum and came up with a Napa # that did not appear correct when I saw the part...Thanx..JT

·
Registered
127 Posts
David,, for rear brake light switch... what make did you get? what part #???? I am assuming you did NOT use a triumph part?...is this correct???? what Exactly did you come up with???? please give complete details...i searched the forum and came up with a Napa # that did not appear correct when I saw the part...Thanx..JT
JT

I got mine from DennisKirk Part number 19-3939. I live close enough to drive there a couple times in the same day. It is not a Triumph part, they are just sold by thread size, not by specific manufacturer application. A universal fit. I also bought the boot part number 27-1523 to dress it up and connected it into the existing wiring. Very Simple.

However, according to Slinky you can get an automotive one. As long as you ask for one with the specifications I listed you should be good. You could also bring your broken one in to compare.

I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts