Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the bright light that I am, I removed the rear brake hose and can't figure out how it maneuvers from the master cylinder to the caliper. Is there any chance that I could get a photo? This is a 2008 Scrambler, so even though I have a Thruxton 3 feet away, it's a completely different system.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that link, David. Some really good shots, but nothing of the routing of the hose from the master cylinder. Appreciate the help, though. :beerchug:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, Dirtybill. I tried that one earlier, too. Doesn't really show how the hose carries over the master cylinder, though.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Are you asking about the routing? Maybe a dumb question but you know that the rear brake has it's own master cylinder and doesn't share the front?

I am not trying to be a smart ass I am just asking since I have no idea of your mechanical experience.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I disconnected the hose from the rear brake master cylinder and rear brake caliper. The routing seemed intuitive at the time, but looking at it now, there are more than a few bind points and sharp edges that I would rather avoid.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have just been out to the garage to look at my 06 scrambler. From the caliper, the brake line is clipped to the underside of the swingarm, then towards the front of the bike, over the chassis rails to the other side of the bike and up to the rear master cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts