Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake is incredibly stiff and does not stop very well @ all. I had the rear rotor and EBC pads put on last year and have only put on 500kms since. Any ideas would be appreciated I have tried every adjustment under the sun and the caliper is working fine.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Well, even when the rear brake is working correctly, it's not very effective, and there is very little 'feel' to the pedal.

I very seldom use mine. Most usage is when I'm riding while loaded up for a road trip.

All I can recommend is to pull the rear brake apart and clean it and the pucks.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
I use mine quite a lot on my Sprint but not on the Daytona and it works fine.

Like pushrod says you are getting at least 90- 95% of your braking from the front.

But it should not be stiff.?:confused:

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
My rear brake is incredibly stiff and does not stop very well @ all. I had the rear rotor and EBC pads put on last year and have only put on 500kms since. Any ideas would be appreciated I have tried every adjustment under the sun and the caliper is working fine.
I would start with all the linkages, making sure all the pivots are working smoothly (lubed) and that there is no binding of the brake pedal. If that is all cool, I'd take a closer look at the caliper. The pistons might be binding. Make sure you can pry the pads apart and that they slide smoothly.

It could be your seals and pistons need to be replaced. I usually let a dealer do it ... pop them off the bike and bring 'em in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts