Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m really struggling to find an Australian supplier who can help supply me new rear bearings (swing arm, wheel, etc.).

Anyone out there know someone who can help? Or even an overseas supplier with express shipping available?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I echo Bike Bandit as well however I am now in my 10th of waiting for intake tubes and air cleaner from them. I am not in a hurry though.
They have good diagrams of all the parts that you can look at and know what you are getting.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm starting to put together items to do a shock, linkage, & swing arm rebuild. It's going to suck if I can't get the bearings, sleeves, and related items !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot to all. I placed (but didn’t finalise) and order with Bike Bandit that came to just under $1k. The USD>AUD exchange is terrifying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Come on guys, just use your local bearing supplier. They'll be able to offer you a variety to accommodate your spec.
When I was in Sydney I used a guy in Hornsby, just a small shop who was able to supply everything from stock. If not, it was a special order with a couple of days delivery. You will save a fortune!
If you need bearing specs. let me know & I'll see if I can dig them up for you.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
This should get you started
REAR HUB BEARINGS/SEALS
1 X NK 45/20 (45 X55TN - rear hub - needle bearing)
2 X 45X55X4 seal for NK 45/20 bearing
2 X 61908-2RS1 (40 X 62 x 12 ) - 24,05 EUR/pcs without VAT - these 2 bearings can be swapped for a single bearing Double-Row Angular Contact (40 x 62 X 24 ) 40BGS11G-2DS NACHI
1 x SKF NAO 35x55x20 - CUSH DRIVE BEARING
1 X 45X55X4 seal for SKF NAO 35x55x20

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on guys, just use your local bearing supplier. They'll be able to offer you a variety to accommodate your spec.
When I was in Sydney I used a guy in Hornsby, just a small shop who was able to supply everything from stock. If not, it was a special order with a couple of days delivery. You will save a fortune!
If you need bearing specs. let me know & I'll see if I can dig them up for you.
I’m such a dumbass - assumes they all had to be OEM. I got the local bearing legends to sort me. Thanks a lot mate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This should get you started
REAR HUB BEARINGS/SEALS
1 X NK 45/20 (45 X55TN - rear hub - needle bearing)
2 X 45X55X4 seal for NK 45/20 bearing
2 X 61908-2RS1 (40 X 62 x 12 ) - 24,05 EUR/pcs without VAT - these 2 bearings can be swapped for a single bearing Double-Row Angular Contact (40 x 62 X 24 ) 40BGS11G-2DS NACHI
1 x SKF NAO 35x55x20 - CUSH DRIVE BEARING
1 X 45X55X4 seal for SKF NAO 35x55x20
This is incredible. Saved the day. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
No worries mate.
To be honest I was dumb ass before I found some guy posting from Czech Republic somewhere about these specs. He clearly knew how to read bearing specs before I did. I was just smart enough to make notes...;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries mate.
To be honest I was dumb ass before I found some guy posting from Czech Republic somewhere about these specs. He clearly knew how to read bearing specs before I did. I was just smart enough to make notes...;)
Great advice! Don’t suppose you know anything about swing arm assembly? re my other post

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Working on the swing arm & suspension links is pretty straightforward. However, if you want to remove the swing arm from the bike to check/service the bearing you will need the special sockets.
Unless the bike has been severely neglected you won't need to replace it. There is a good chance you'll need to replace needle bearings & seals in the drag link though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts