Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: Winter Blues

Hi Guys,

I am sitting here in my showroom surrounded by Porsche's and watching the mercury dip. I need some cool pictures from you guys in warmer climates....I have exhausted the other picture sites on this website....please guys get me through the hump:cool:

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Ricster

I am with you - having come over to Milwaukee for a business trip, instead of a mild and relatively sunny East of England when I left on Monday morning.

But minus 35F with some wind-chill, that's a tad too cold even from the hotel window! Put like that, even heated clothing, gloves and grips wouldn't be enough to tempt me out...:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Slap some ski pants on and come riding! I'm here in NYC and I've been riding every day - and yeah, it IS cold!

As far as a photo - here's a recent pic from the crosss country ride I did in November...

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I got the same blues Ricster. It is brutal right now and has been snowing for days. We have had 6 weeks of -32C or lower and its just killing me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know how you feel Ricster.

Here in the Pacific North west we have been bombbarded with crazy weather.Every thing from record snow to flooding and mud slides.

Looks like we are getting a reprieve from the weather for the next 6 or 7 days.

My wife and I even got a little ride time in this after noon. Keep your chin up your time will come soon.

Sticks

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I know how you feel! The weather was warmer about a week ago, so my Sprint escaped from the garage for a little 61 mile ride! :D

Damnit, you have to go and post a pretty photo like this, I hate to say it but the more I see the pacific blue the more it grows on me.

Glad you got out and pounded the pavement.

--Kory

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Now don't you blokes go getting all excited now but here's a pic of me at a waterhole near in the rain forest near Montville, Queensland. It was quite cool there, about 26C!

The other is my Sprint after a tub. No washing salt and icy crud off this bad boy, we don't get that here...

Enjoy,

Roden

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thank you Roden for reminding us of the clear shortage of young attractive female sprint riders. This was never a problem when I used to ride a girls bike!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have a T3 sprint my friend, complete with Flux Capacitor.

Nah, not really, I put new batteries in the camera and screwed the date up. I probably should change it!

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now don't you blokes go getting all excited now but here's a pic of me at a waterhole near in the rain forest near Montville, Queensland. It was quite cool there, about 26C!

The other is my Sprint after a tub. No washing salt and icy crud off this bad boy, we don't get that here...

Enjoy,

Roden
I noticed your taking "into the future" pictures. Aug of 2009? lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
No pic's from me - but just picture in your mind....

100's of miles of 6-16 inches of snow piled on top of snow...

Icy roadways that 4-wheel drive vehicles have a hard time roaming on...

-21 this very morning, no wind chill added -- freekin' negative 21 F THIS morning..!!

no end in sight -

I am doomed staying here in Des Moines, Iowa (Dull Moan, AahWuh)
So much for thinking of riding in the next few months...!

Off my soapbox now...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm still riding (it's 42f right now)...

Tonight it's supposed to get down to 16, tomorrow night 13.
At least we don't get any of the slippery white stuff :):)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here's my ride being woken up after a couple of weeks in a cold garage. All the ice has finally gone [for the moment] it was a balmy 8 degrees today. Dry roads, sticky tyres. Its days like today that remind me what an awesome bike we ride. Keeping the revs around 6k and above the bike really comes alive, and what a soundtrack...preeching to the converted tho :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts