Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add some Ace Bars, any way to remove the left grip to reuse or should I just cut them off and replace with new grips..??

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Use a screw driver to lever up slightly then spray up wind-ex or other glass cleaner.Makes the grips come off nice and easy but wont cause them to come off later when they are dry.
:hammer:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
On 2007-03-09 22:05, Panthermark wrote:
Compressed air underneath the grips also work.
Do we have to eat beans to get that?
:-D

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am a fan of compressed air too, you can use WD40 but you will have to clean all that off before re-installing.

When you are putting the grips back on clean the bar and inside of the grip with rubbing alcohol and once that dries spray the inside of the grip with hair spray. This will help the clean grip slide onto the bar and kinda stick it to the bar. I have does this for decades on dirt bikes and mountain bikes and my grips always stay put when my buds would come loose on nasty rainy rides so I swear by it.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
On 2007-03-09 22:17, amanger wrote:
On 2007-03-09 22:05, Panthermark wrote:
Compressed air underneath the grips also work.
Do we have to eat beans to get that?
:-D
Nah.....drink enough beer while eating a couple of boiled eggs will give you the same effect. :-D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Boil water, then place end of handlebar w/ grip in the hot water for about 30 seconds. the grip will soften and will push right off. will not damage or distort the grip. i've done it many times with my thruxton grips and my gf's bonnie grips.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Used WD-40 about a month ago for my super bars. Worked great. Cleaned the excess of with some windex.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts