Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

I'm willing to install a pair of Emgo reverse cone on my Bonnie T100 865cc. I'd like to fully repack them to bring the noise level down as much as possible. I'v read on several thread all kinds of infos regarding the rejettings (yes/no) and i can't find the right ones. It seems very different from to an other. I'm just not comfortable improvising on my new bike :) My bonnie is stock for everything else so far. It's just impossible to figure out towards what kind of main jets/pilot settings to go with. I wonder if someone has experienced a similar match ?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed these same mufflers about a month ago.

- 08 bonneville black
- ai removed
- emgo reverse cones (they have not been repacked)
- 128 main jets
- stock pilot jets (40, I think)

Comments:
Runs nicely though idle seems a touch weak. I may install 42 pilot jets. The kit I bought from bellacorse.com included the 128 mains, 42 pilots and shims.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
716 Posts
my jetting advise

For a stock bike like yours with your new slip on exhaust pipes I would highly recommend changing just the main jet to a 125 AND pulling off the rubber side snorkel on the left side of your airbox...this is spot on and also per all the jetting calculators you can find on this site...also if it scares you to modify you can replace the side snorkel later to compare how it runs...it runs right at wide open throttle but NOT with the snorkel in...you will leave the snorkel out I'm sure when you do this. Also You can get a 125 jet for our stock Kehin carbs at any Japanese motorcycle shop if your Triumph shop is too far away or is out of them... you don't need to remove the carbs just drop the fuel bowls from the bottom of the carbs and swap main jets...using a small wratchet with a #6 phillips head bit is the hot tip for getting in there to the 4 screws on each carb...if you do nothing else you will find this is really just what your bike needs...you'll love how much better your bike runs. If for some reason you can't or won't do the rejet have a shop do it...you NEED to rejet.

·
Registered
915 Posts
You don't have to remove the crabs to change jets, but it's not a big to pull the carbs to make more room to work, either. The screws that you remove to drop the float bowl are really soft, so take your time and don't bugger them up. Replace them with allen head screws, whihc you can get form one of the vendors here or at any good hardware store. Once you've got the allen heads in, its much easier to play with the jets without removing the carbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting closer...many thanks

Many thanks to you guys for the quick response ! It seems that 125 on main jet and 42 pilot would be a very good start. Will the repacking tightly will influence the jet settings ? I do not know !

I can have access to a Dyno before i do anything (3 runs for 60 bucks) Is that fully necessary ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Repacking won't need a jet change...by the way if you can get a decent fiber for repacking...use the fiberglass type like the motocross guys use so it will last longer...but if not you can even use the fiberglass at a hardware store will work but it tends to burn out sooner than the "good" stuff...you can use some bailing wire to wrap around the insulation to hold it tight and in place as you slid the new wrap into the pipe...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sound change

I'll go with some silent pro dirtbike stuff.

I'm just curious to ear the sound difference between before and after packing. The bike sound regulations around here are really strict. The Emgo aquisition is really a guess for me. They might be way too loud for the cops around :( Hopefully not :)

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Emgos

Zexblitz.

Where in Canada are you?
I have Emgos on my 2003 T100 with 42 pilot jtes and 150 mains. I have raised the needle with one shim. I also modified the air box to install K&N's.
It appears to run good right up to the red line in 5th and pulls hard through all the gears in the mid range.
I'm in Calgary which is at approx 3500ft above sea level. I thought the bigger mains would make the bike run too rich but the spark plugs are a nice tan color so something must be about right. I've not had it a dyno. Just set it up and tested it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
re-Emgos

I'm in Montreal at probably a much lower sea level than you. The 150 main would probably be to rich for me ? I'll probably go with the above suggestions +/- 125 on main and 42 pilot as a start with a Dyno run before and after. Can i expect any increase in overall performance ?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Emgo

I got the kit from Bella & all was rite on! Good deal - sep woulda cost more! Got a nice little xtra boost to the limiter as well. Now time to get rid of that limiter!! I hate it when she's just getting there & shuts off!! I'll get it rite someday. Till then - GOTTA LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kit from Bella

Just to confirm.

What settings kit did you ordered from Bella ? 128 main 42 pilot ?

Silly question..i wonder how i will stop the fuel dripping in the float bowl during removal. Just shut off the gas knob to off will do ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts