Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on products to re-attach grips after a dualstar heated grip install? Or just replacing any grips?

I found a 24oz. spray can but was umm kinda overkill for replacing 2 grips...

If 24oz it is, does anyone have preferences over one vs another?

· Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I have used Renthal grip glue. I think I got the tube when I bought some grips years ago.

By the looks & smell of the glue it is just your regular vanilla rubber glue. You know the kind that comes in bicycle tyre repair kits and such.

I have also used (my girlfriend's) hairspray in the past, when no glue was at hand. Easy to slide the grip on and very sticky once dry.

· Registered
636 Posts
Hondaline makes a great grip glue, or just use crazy glue gel...I've used the gel many times with great results.

· Registered
882 Posts
On 2006-11-08 02:21, Martin_R wrote:
By the looks & smell of the glue it is just your regular vanilla rubber glue. You know the kind that comes in bicycle tyre repair kits and such.
martin, you sniffin glue again? :-D

i have used hairspray as well. many people use it. and some some complain about grips coming loose in rain. no probs for me. then again not a ton of rain riding and bar end mirrors may help.

· Registered
113 Posts
I don't use anything when I install grips or remove them. I use an air blower with compressed air. To remove put the nozzle right at the inner part of the grip, and the air will blow it off. Then clean the bars with brake cleaner so there is no residue or anything. Then to install, put the grip on by hand as far as it will go, then use the air to get under the grip and push it on. I've never had to use glue of any kind. I think the key is making the bars and the grips super clean, then they stick pretty good

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks kindly, for all the info folks. I had used hairspray before on a dirt bike, wasnt sure if it was a good idea or not to use on the street bike or not. I usually had the dirt bike apart more often than I intend on taking apart the S3 so I wasnt worried about keeping them on "perm" like.

I will see if I can get to the local shop here before they close. Looking to see if I can get my dual stars installed this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.