Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a lot of comparison pics here.. so here it is. Just got the Raybrig H4 WhitSonic bulbs in. They were $64.99 plus shipping from ICBmotorsport.com (other places about the same). Easy plug and play operation.. open up the headlight and throw them in. I am looking at possibly getting the Hella lenses that are mentioned on here previously.

The light is VERY white and clear. I really like the look. No yellow at all and the lights have a cool bluish tint to them when off.

For $70, a total hit. Throw in the hella lenses (gonna order those soon) and I bet the optics are really nice.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I haven't heard of that brand. Good price there.

Looks to me like the lamp with the new bulb is askew.

Hellas are good, Cibies are good too. Adjures are real good. And adjust them as precisely as practicable.

[ This message was edited by: Goffe on 2007-03-31 21:31 ]

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Also, I'm curious. What made you choose the Raybrig over the PIAA, or others?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, that lamp was WAY off... I loosened everything up (while I was removing the gauges, since a light is out in the temp) and straightened them out... aligned the lenses rotationally as well.

Just read reviews on here and on google and everyone seemed to love them.. plus I love the blue look when they are off, looks a bit like HIDs.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I've had the PIAA's and now Raybrig bulbs. The optical quality of the Raybrig's is supposedly the best. They both work well. I have the Hella H4 lenses and can see very well the few times I ride at night. I'm sure the other brand lenses work fine too. It's nice to have choices!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually $50 it looks like for the 5 3/4 :D

darn, I might opt for these over the hellas!

[ This message was edited by: whodkne on 2007-04-02 19:47 ]

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
The Adjure's look good, but since my buddies have them, and alway's wanting to be different, I went with the Hella's! They put out a better pattern, IMO

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2007-04-02 20:01, Speed3 wrote:
They put out a better pattern, IMO
The jury is still out for me, but the Hellas are nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts