Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone riding a Triumph in South Carolina please post your MEMBER NAME and CITY and BIKE. I'll be glad to update the map.

Example:
ggRAT - Columbia, SC - '01 Bonneville

e-mail me offline via ggRAT at ggolly.us and I'll compile a roster so we can organize some rides.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short list of RATs in SC

Here are just a few of us that claim South Carolina as our home...

ggRAT
cafetbird
mn9130s
vertwrks
cmorton1
SCbonneville
bellbluetriumph
jon916996748
jpkuhns
gus440
scguy
MarkSC02

Any more we can put on the map?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scot,
No plans for a pack ... yet. But it sure would be nice to find some guys "locally" that are as much fun to ride with as you guys are in Charlotte.
GREG

·
Registered
13 Posts
RATS in SC

Hi gg,
Just got a new '08 Thruxton in Greenville about 3 months ago. It would be fun to find some other owners in the upstate.
Rover1

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Where the hell is Johnston, SC?

Barnstorming the western midlands on an '07 Bonne Black.
I highly recommend Ridge Motorsport in Batesburg, SC.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anyone in Charleston? Plus is there anywhere fun to ride in the low country? Not new to the area but I'm just getting sick of being stuck in the constant traffic.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
SC low country

I've prowled the low country some and there's good area to the north of Charleston. Just run US 17N toward Myrtle and take a left when the mood strikes you. Adventures await on the backroads. Same thing works well to the south of Charlie, down toward Savannah.
Tuck a map in your back pocket and don't bother with it until you're ready to start heading home.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks, I wish I would have checked this a while ago. My wife kicked me out of the house for a baby shower so I ended up going on a ride with no place in mind. I ended up doing loops around Charleston until the sun set. Some duche on a Gixxer tried racing me but I'm not about that, sportbike riders have a bad rap as it is. It's a shame there's no tracks closer than Savannah or Kershaw.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I didn't import it but the story goes (which I'm screwed on) it came from England to Canada, then Canada to Florida, now here in South Carolina. I had a hell of a time trying to get tags for here it because Florida jacked up the VIN number by one letter which indicated the mfg year. Kmph was difficult at first but after being overseas last year it wasn't too hard to figure out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please add me to the list.........

rav962-Laurens, SC-'01 Sprint RS

I was at Ridge last Saturday. Can't say enough good things about those guys.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't Know If It's Old News Or Not But Ridge Motorsports Is Having It's Open House On 2 May. I've Been Wanting To Take A Ride To The Closest Triumph Dealer So I'm Thinking About Making A Day Of It.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RATs in SC Map

Updated 4/14/09

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm close to Greenville SC. (a bit south of Easley where 81 and 86 intersect) Have not met any Rats around here, but I just moved here relatively recently.

MD
07 Sprint ST

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was driving on I-26 near Charleston the other day and noticed a new building called American Biker and a big Triumph sign on it. Not sure if they're going to be a dealer or not but that would be awsome. Batesburg is a bit a haul for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jayd213 in Charleston, SC. 09 Speed Triple

btw. American Biker is supposed to be a dealer. I'm going to check them out this week and make sure they will be servicing. I need my first service ASAP and would prefer not going all the way to Batesburg.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts