Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to the Triumph official RAT site that has a query for recall by VIN numbers. When i hit that site all i get is a generic notice that there are outstanding service bulletins or recalls on my bike. My question has to do with how this site works, does anyone know that if you have brought your bike in for a past recall notice, does the dealer then enter the info and thus 'clear' the registry relative to your VIN number, or will you always get that notice if there have ever been ANY past recalls for your model? Reason I'm asking is I'm kinda wondering as i just had the bike in to the dealer for work a few days ago, and there was no mention of any recall notice, yet one pops up when i hit that RAT site. I will of course give the dealer a call and see what's up, but I'm wondering how that RAT site is supposed to function, should i expect it to clear of notices whenever a recall has been taken care of for my particular bike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi,

...My question has to do with how this site works, does anyone know that if you have brought your bike in for a past recall notice, does the dealer then enter the info and thus 'clear' the...
AFAIK the first thing to be done is PDI registration. Dealer should give an info to Triumph that the bike is sold and PDI was done.
After that, if any recall is done for the VIN number, it should be reported to Triumph by dealer who done that. The dealer shoudn't get money for the recall if he hasn't reported the action.
After that it is registered to the system. It's possible only for bikes which have registered PDIs. Others are treated like not sold.

AFAIK there was such a problem in Poland because some dealers had not reported PDIs to the importer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts