Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAT AID Canada
The thread you are viewing is intended to be a database - to collect information on geographical resources to assist other RAT members.

RAT AID - members willing to help other members. Find yourself in a bind? Have a flat tire, out of gas, lost, or broken down? We will list members here that are willing to help.

The thread will be structured according to geographical regions in North America, and this one is specifically for the Northwestern United States and Canadian Provinces.

Members can post for the area in which they can offer support, and the type of support they are willing to provide. Please post thread titles in the following format:

STATE, CITY, TYPE OF ASSISTANCE

To start out, we will use the following categories for assistance:

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown
2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes to take through a particular area
3. Trailer (T) - Have trailer, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike
4. Lodging (L) - can provide space to camp, or a room to stay in when visiting an area.

EXAMPLE: OREGON, PORTLAND - A/R/T

Put any details of the assistance in the thread. You also need to leave a way to contact you, and may want to be more specific in how to contact you in each situation. Routing help may be best by email, but for assistance, remember that folks need will be more time critical, and cell phone numbers and texting would be the quickest way to reach you.

Chat or comments will be deleted.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haggis
Calgary, Alberta

I can provide the following:

Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown
Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes to take through a particular area
Lodging (L) - can provide space to camp, or a room to stay in when visiting an area, if you are stuck.

Contact me via Facebook (see my link below) or by PM on this site.

If you are riding through this area pm me in advance and I'll provide my cell phone number.

·
Registered
79 Posts
canuck09sprint
Peterborough,On
I can provide the following:

2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes to take through a particular area
3. Trailer (T) - Have trailer, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike.

Same Idea as Haggis:

Contact me via PM on this site.

If you are riding through this area pm me in advance and I'll provide my cell phone number.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dave (Astro4x4)
Ingersoll, Ontario

Can provide.
Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes to take through a particular area
Lodging (L) - can provide space to camp, or a room to stay in when visiting an area, if you are stuck
Have access to a trailer in the unfortunate event of a crash or serious breakdown.

Contact me via PM on this site.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ottawa Ontario-A/R/T

Also, about ten minutes from the local Triumph dealer. And my trailer does have ramps and wheel chuck.

PM and I can send you my cell if you are coming.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Ottawa, Ontario - A/R/T/L

Located in central Barrhaven.
Advance notice contact via PM.
Emergency contact @ 613=862=6535

Full motorcycle-dedicated garage at home with lift and tools for a potential breakdown, plus local shop contacts for serious repairs or tire changes, etc.

Access to a vehicle which can transport non-running bikes. Limited to bikes that are under 650lbs and do not exceed 45" max height. Can remove windscreens in most cases, however.

Access to flatbed vehicle (not my own, so there may be an additional cost) to transport wrecked vehicles in the case of an accident.

I always stop for riders on the side of the road who display the 'helmet out' signal for help!

Keep it rubber side down, and drop me a line for a ride!

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Only just found this thread otherwise would have offered up long time ago.

Area : Napanee , Ontario 100K radius !

Can provide : A (assistance of most any description,very well equiped shop and hoist)
R ( can also offer some good touring twistie roads if your in the area for a bit )
T ( trailering , my utility trailer is kinda short in length but can make it work :))
L ( lots of camp room in 2 acre yard,could also do overnight room in emergency)

Best contact method is : Emergency call house # 613 354 1251 cell 613 453 1251
In advance : [email protected] or this forum PM me

·
Registered
38 Posts
Area: Whitecourt Alberta (Northwest of Edmonton on the Alaska highway)

2. Truck (T) - Have truck with a ramp, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike
3. Lodging* (L) - can provide space to camp, or a room to stay in when visiting an area. *Advance notice needed please, unless emergency.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
B&B or Tent Site Exchanges

Guelph, Ontario

A, R, L

I'm planning on doing some touring throughout Canada over the next couple of years and would be very interested in working out arrangements with other RATs for a B&B exchange or a place to pitch a tent and garage your Triumph for one evening.

Allan
(Blkbny)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Qship
Fredericton, New Brunswick.

I can provide the following within 100Kms:

Lodging (L) - can provide space to camp, or a room to stay in when visiting an area, if you are stuck.

If you are riding through this area, pm me in advance and I'll provide my contact info.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts