Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAT AID Southeast Region - MD, VA, WV, NC, TN, KY, SC, GA, FL, AL, DC, LA, AR, MS

The thread you are viewing is intended to be a database - to collect information on geographical resources to assist other RAT members.

RAT AID - members willing to help other members. Find yourself in a bind? Have a flat tire, out of gas, lost, or broken down? We will list members here that are willing to help.

The thread will be structured according to geographical regions in North America, and this one is specifically for the Southeastern United States.

Members can post for the area in which they can offer support, and the type of support they are willing to provide. Please post thread titles in the following format:

STATE, CITY, TYPE OF ASSISTANCE

To start out, we will use the following categories for assistance:

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown
2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes to take through a particular area
3. Trailer (T) - Have trailer, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike
4. Lodging (L) - can provide space to camp, or a room to stay in when visiting an area.

EXAMPLE: FLORIDA, JACKSONVILLE- A/R/T

Put any details of the assistance in the thread. You also need to leave a way to contact you, and may want to be more specific in how to contact you in each situation. Routing help may be best by email, but for assistance, remember that folks need will be more time critical, and cell phone numbers and texting would be the quickest way to reach you. Here is mine, as an example:
http://www.triumphrat.net/region-2-r...lotte-r-t.html

Chat or comments will be deleted.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
North Carolina, Charlotte - A/R/T

If you need some help in the Charlotte area, particularly South Charlotte and Rock Hill, give me a yell.

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown. Have a workshop, and standard and metric tools. no Whitworths. Experience with 885, 955, limited modern twins, and 650/750 Meriden bikes. For urgent issues, try my mobile 803-493-1398. Voice or text.

2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes through the area, particularly the mountains. Best way to reach me for this is P.M. here.

3. Trailer (T) - Have trailer, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike. Mobile 803-493-1398. Voice or text.

Scot

·
Registered
904 Posts
Alabama, Northeast - A/R/L

Northeast Alabama I-59 corridor

If you need some help in the Northeast Alabama I-59 corridor area, particularly south of Chattanooga, TN or east of Huntsville, AL or even the Rome, GA and northwestern GA area call. Mobile 256-996-0256. Voice or text. I don't have good cell coverage at home, so call 256-845-1213 as well. Try both, the old drum roadie might be out of town.

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown. Have a workshop, and standard and metric tools. no Whitworths. Experience with modern twins, and learning 650 Meriden bikes.

2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes through the area, particularly the mountains. Best way to reach me for this is email: edwardturner/at/wavemasters.com

4. Lodging (L) - Got a spare bedroom if you're stuck for the night and a big 3 acre yard with room to camp if you don't mind a couple of big but gentle dogs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Florida, Hollywood -A

I'm willing to assist with anyone in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. I don't have a trailer, but know people who do. If you find yourself in trouble in South Florida, give me a call at 305-807-8066.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Raid

Sounds like a good idea. Gold Wing riders have a good program like this. It wil work if each person does their part . Count me in for district 2 in central Florida.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Florida - Sarasota - A/R/T

Happy to help along the central west coast between Tampa and Ft. Myers. I have a trailer and tools. There is a Triumph dealer here in Sarasota as well as a great independent shop.
Ph # 941-356-8347

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Florida A/R/T

Florida, NE corner near Jacksonville, Saint Augustine.
North side of Saint Augustine will cover from Jacksonville in the North, Daytona in the South and up to Palatka on the west side.
Have trailer and tools.
904-810-1014

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Covering 50-mile radius from Chattanooga TN

Hubby and I will be happy to assist fellow RATs within an hour's ride from Chattanooga with ASSISTANCE and TRANSPORTATION for bikes and riders. We have an extended van that holds 2 sport bikes or 1 (wider) bike. We can bring some tools.

Also, we can offer ROUTING advice in our area extending to Western North Carolina and North Georgia.

Call 423-309-1961 or 423-762-8779 and just ask for Sparky! :):D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Central Florida A/R/T

I would be more than glad to assist any rider here in central Florida. I can give assistance in most any situation. My tools are available and I have a new trailer ready to go. There are 4 or 5 dealers within a 100 mile radius of where I live here in Lakeland. Please call with any problem you need help with. 863 619 7877 home - 863 944 7347 cell.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Central Virginia

I'm going to copy Scotts format from Charlotte, NC:

If you need some help in the Central Virginia are, give me a yell.

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown. Have a workshop, and standard and metric tools. no Whitworths. Experience with 500's, 650's (Triumph Workshop Manuals for both) and Harley's.

2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes through the area, particularly the mountains. Best way to reach me for this is P.M. here.

3. Trailer (T) - Have trailer, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike.

For urgent issues, try my mobile 804-641-8816. Voice or text.

gatornapper
aka richard hanes

·
Registered
113 Posts
Morgan City, Louisiana

Have a truck, tools, willing to assist with repair or a place to work on your bike. I work 14 and 14 so you have a 50/50 chance of catching me at home. 985-498-1428 Justin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nashville, TN

If you need some help in the Nashville, Tennessee and I-65/I-24/I-40 corridor area - call mobile 615-556-5451. Voice or text. I don't always have the cell on at home, so call 615-870-1796 as well. Try both but I might be out of socket.

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown. Have S.A.E and metric tools but I am NOT a mechanic. I do have a trailer hitch and can rent a trailer if needed - gross weight limit of ~1000 lbs.

Nashville has a Triumph dealer, a Cycle Gear retail store, and an unaffiliated British Bike shop, as well as other bike parts and accessories resources.

2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on routes through the area. Best way to reach me for this is email. Messages to here are routed to my email box.

3. Lodging (L) - Have no spare bedroom but have a 2 acre yard with room to camp if you don't mind a couple of small, gentle dogs (West Highland Terriers).

Steve Lowry
Nashville

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Southeast VA/Northeast NC A/R/T

1. Assistance (A) - can bring gas or tools to assist with a breakdown. Have some standard and metric tools, not a mechanic.

2. Routing (R) - can make suggestions on best routes through the area, PM me here.

3. Trailer (T) - Have truck and ramp and a trailer hitch if we need to rent a trailer.

For urgent issues, try my cell 7573730830. Voice or text.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Since Sparky is leaving the area, I'm about 45 min north of Chattanooga, 35 minutes west of I-75 at Cleveland or Athens, TN.
Cell 423-316-2152
A- I have metric tools/ gas cans
R- 2 hours south of Deal's Gap
T- I have a trailer to carry a bike, maybe 2 (haven't tried).
Super Street Customs is a Triumph shop in Ringgold, GA 1st I-75 exit in Georgia just a mile or so over the Tennessee/ Georgia state line. 706-861-2525 William, Barry, and Aaron are great to deal with.
Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Upstate SC A/R/T

A/Have tools-will travel- I dont have a great deal of mechanical knowledge but I do have most of the basics as far as tools go. I live and work in the Lyman/Greer area.
R/probably best to email and most of the routes I will suggest will be the popular ones that most bikers in the upstate will know as well. Let me know what type of roads you like and I will do my best.
T/ Have tandem axle trailer capable of hauling 3-4 bikes and a Yukon to carry up to 5 riders and gear if necessary. Emergencies call/text 864-616-8098 If I am free then I am happy to help.

Safe travels--
Jonathan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Md/pa a-r-t-l

Based in Westminster, MD but travel all over the area. Trailer , tools and friends who know how to use them. There are a couple of great shops in the area and the usual sight-seeing opportunities.

[email protected] 410.504.7340

Sharon Vance

·
Registered
92 Posts
Name is Mike. I'm in the savannah area. Can help with gas, tools, have a trailer if needed.

Best way to reach me is my cell

Ride safe

Mike

·
Registered
794 Posts
Maryland, Baltimore/Washington Area

Assistance (A) - can bring gas or basic tools to assist with a breakdown
Trailer/Truck (T) - Have pickup with a loading ramp, willing to travel to help pick up a crashed or broken down bike within a reasonable distance (IE 75mi Radius from Elkridge, MD)

My cell number is (808)628-0362. (work for emergencies (443)654-0153)
i have a nissan titan to haul broken down/wrecked bikes if needed.
basic knowledge of motorcycle maintenance with most 2 wheel machines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Atlanta area

I have owned several Triumph Triples, (and a 1200 Trophy) most notably the 2002 Tiger. I have a trailer, basic tools and connections for what I don't have.

Air mattress is always available if you need a place to stay.

Curt

770-572-4695

·
Registered
5 Posts
Northwest Arkansas A/R/T/L

I am in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is a beautiful place to ride and I will be happy to help any stranded RATs with tools, trailer, and a spare room if need be. You don't need me for routing, just pick any twisty Ozark road and enjoy yourself.

Best way to get me is text: 479.790.3466

1 - 20 of 22 Posts