Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

rare color? tt600

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Zed 
#1 ·
i was told by some guy when i was at the tirumph dealer that only 200 of this color scheme were sent to the U.S. is this close to true?

thanks
shawn

See less See more
#8 ·
Early 2001 bikes were built in 2000 with black frames, but 2001 spec cams and headers. I have seen a red and silver 2001 that looked identical to a 2000. There were some detail changes about how the two tone colors met as well, but I don't know exactly what those changes were.

#15 ·
On 2006-12-12 22:16, jhintw wrote:
looking good!!! how much did the paint job cost u? i'm thinking about repaint my bike wanna get an idea.
As someone pointed out I believe it's original colour, got it secondhand myself but, I've seen a Triple in the same colour.
There is list of Triumph colours here.
On the logbook it's listed as green!
Will post a better pic tomorrow.

[ This message was edited by: Kinc on 2006-12-13 13:49 ]

#16 ·

Some pics with Loweys old green one I think the second green one is Riks, course there speedys, the red and silver tt was Hinkleyboys and as I am getting old I cannot remember who's the black and yellow one belongs to.

[ This message was edited by: doodledog on 2006-12-13 15:40 ]

#19 ·
I swapped my tank and bodywork from an '01 and put it on the '00...black frame and all blue bike. I'm sure someone out there would wheel and deal for plastics/tank if you really want to change yours up...

Blue w/ Black frame was nice...sold it to someone down in TN or so and I hear he wrecked it...

-AL

PS: '01 TT for sale soon, tracked out...

#22 ·
It's definitely going to get sold in the near future, I'm about done with track days and fell in love with a Bonnie Black. I'm not expecting to get too much for it, but I've got all the stock gear for it, Matt Drucker fiberglass, and a bunch of goodies - powercommander, tuneboy, pit bull stands, etc etc etc. Only crash damage is a little tank dent from a low side at Putnam which practically eliminates the chances of converting it back to street trim for sale.

I picked up an old BSA barn find and just haven't been giving the TT the love she deserves. I was hoping the track in Millville, NJ would open up in '07 but it's not looking like it and week long trips all over the country just aren't in the cards anymore. It was fun, been all over the midwest, pocono, even down to barber with it and loved every minute. I think February or March I'll toss it up on ebay...I'll be sure to post the link whenever it happens. Also promised the wife I'd get rid of one, and the Bonnie is a lot of fun....so that leaves the TT! I definitely learned a lot with it and will miss her dearly, but life goes on and I'm still part of the Triumph community :)

-AL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.