Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told by some guy when i was at the tirumph dealer that only 200 of this color scheme were sent to the U.S. is this close to true?

thanks
shawn

·
Registered
907 Posts
dunno either, lookin great though!

well...except for the D&D pipe....

·
Super Moderator
8,720 Posts
They made some like that, but I have never seen one. I don't know how many there are, but it can't be very many.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats "wrong" with the D&D pipe other than being obnoxious?

nevermind, just read a thread about it. :cool:

[ This message was edited by: big2332 on 2006-12-10 20:48 ]

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
are you sure its a 2001, I thought only the 2000's had a black frame w/two-tone paint.... but I do like the colors .

kubbie

·
Super Moderator
8,720 Posts
Early 2001 bikes were built in 2000 with black frames, but 2001 spec cams and headers. I have seen a red and silver 2001 that looked identical to a 2000. There were some detail changes about how the two tone colors met as well, but I don't know exactly what those changes were.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's mine in green, which I've never seen posted for a TT on the web.

Need to get a better pic than this me thinks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On 2006-12-12 12:25, Kinc wrote:
Here's mine in green, which I've never seen posted for a TT on the web.

Need to get a better pic than this me thinks.
looking good!!! how much did the paint job cost u? i'm thinking about repaint my bike wanna get an idea.

·
Super Moderator
8,720 Posts
There were a handful of factory green ones. That must be one of them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not quite like mine, but I also am not sure what the original color sceem of mine was.

The black fram on yours does make it realy unique.

Happy rideing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
On 2006-12-12 22:16, jhintw wrote:
looking good!!! how much did the paint job cost u? i'm thinking about repaint my bike wanna get an idea.
As someone pointed out I believe it's original colour, got it secondhand myself but, I've seen a Triple in the same colour.
There is list of Triumph colours here.
On the logbook it's listed as green!
Will post a better pic tomorrow.

[ This message was edited by: Kinc on 2006-12-13 13:49 ]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

Some pics with Loweys old green one I think the second green one is Riks, course there speedys, the red and silver tt was Hinkleyboys and as I am getting old I cannot remember who's the black and yellow one belongs to.

[ This message was edited by: doodledog on 2006-12-13 15:40 ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that green is UGLY, but id def ride it. its very unique, people would be like oh la te da a ninja, oh wait what the hell...

lets trade bikes ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have only seen one other silver and blue scheme TT600 before and it was a picture on the net. It belong to a woman somewhere in the states.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I swapped my tank and bodywork from an '01 and put it on the '00...black frame and all blue bike. I'm sure someone out there would wheel and deal for plastics/tank if you really want to change yours up...

Blue w/ Black frame was nice...sold it to someone down in TN or so and I hear he wrecked it...

-AL

PS: '01 TT for sale soon, tracked out...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts