Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My "Check Engine" light has come on a few times now. I guess my bike is running lean.
Bit suprising since I only fitted a HP Hydroform slip on. Keeping the rest stock and the db killer inserted...

To "cure" this I purchased the Rapid Bike Easy. Has somebode else gone down this route?

What settings have you dialled in?

Cheers!

Magnus

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi!
My "Check Engine" light has come on a few times now. I guess my bike is running lean.
Bit suprising since I only fitted a HP Hydroform slip on. Keeping the rest stock and the db killer inserted...

To "cure" this I purchased the Rapid Bike Easy. Has somebode else gone down this route?

What settings have you dialled in?

Cheers!

Magnus
I don't think guessing is a good idea, you should at least see what the fault codes are.
That unit just alters the values from the O2 sensors so will only have any effect when the bikes in closed loop, it won't change the fuelling at wide open throttle for example when there's more chance of engine damage and you won't gain any performance.
You could make the same adjustments as that rapid easy module in tune ECU in 5-minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think guessing is a good idea, you should at least see what the fault codes are.
That unit just alters the values from the O2 sensors so will only have any effect when the bikes in closed loop, it won't change the fuelling at wide open throttle for example when there's more chance of engine damage and you won't gain any performance.
You could make the same adjustments as that rapid easy module in tune ECU in 5-minutes.
I guess you´re right. I will check, need to borrow an android phone first...
Since the light goes off, I don´t think it´s fuelling at wide open throttle though. I ride quite aggresivly and it only came on at half throttle on the motorway...

Cheers!

//M

·
Registered
569 Posts
I guess you´re right. I will check, need to borrow an android phone first...
Since the light goes off, I don´t think it´s fuelling at wide open throttle though. I ride quite aggresivly and it only came on at half throttle on the motorway...

Cheers!

//M
I'd be surprised if just installing a slip on would cause the fueling to be so far out as to put the the malfunction light on.
The ECU will adapt and only when it reaches the limits of this adaptation will it throw up the light, I'm not sure if that type of code would possibly put the bike into a limp mode anyway?
You're right, you really need to see the code first, it could be something unrelated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To guess is not to know!

Was something My Old man use to say.
And he was usefully right. So I finally got around to hook up Tune ECU and the error code was P1576.
P1576 Brake 1 switch correlation error with brake switch 2. I am non the wiser...
Reading street twin forum that code happens with an aftermarket LED brake light. But I have not fiddled with the brake light... I guess I will have to use only the engine brake from now on :|.
Any one else with this issue? Any clever solutions?

How ever I will fit the Rapid Bike Easy anyway and see if it does some good or if it's just placebo. On my CB1000 I had an issue with the closed loop surgin. It helped with the o2 sensor eliminator. But I haven't got that experience on the STR.
But running a little richer won't hurt.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Was something My Old man use to say.
And he was usefully right. So I finally got around to hook up Tune ECU and the error code was P1576.
P1576 Brake 1 switch correlation error with brake switch 2. I am non the wiser...
Reading street twin forum that code happens with an aftermarket LED brake light. But I have not fiddled with the brake light... I guess I will have to use only the engine brake from now on :|.
Any one else with this issue? Any clever solutions?

How ever I will fit the Rapid Bike Easy anyway and see if it does some good or if it's just placebo. On my CB1000 I had an issue with the closed loop surgin. It helped with the o2 sensor eliminator. But I haven't got that experience on the STR.
But running a little richer won't hurt.
Triumphs don’t have a closed loop surge because they don’t ever run in closed loop in the traditional way. They take readings off the O2 sensor average that and then apply that as a factor adjustment against the base map. So in affect it’s always working off the map not in a closed loop circuit with the O2 sensor directly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts