Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a similar rant.. I'm sorry but a "drag strip" is not a "race track." A race track has a start and finish, and they're in the same friggin spot. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
i drive airplanes

deal with it., junior

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Drive or Ride WHATEVER your NOT doing either sitting there on your computer typing Rants :( soooooooo I say SHHHH and Go outside and PLAY ;)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here in these fair antipodes we say "ride a bike" and "drive a car".
I think it's largely an American thing to refer to "driving a bike" isn't it?
No in the United States we say "ride a bike." I won't debate about whether that terminology is correct or not. I am simply posting to answer your question.

·
Registered
106 Posts
And while we're on the subject of language...you PLAY GOLF you don't GOLF! Nothing makes me crankier than people using nouns as verbs.:) It's like saying "do you Beer?" No , I drink lots of Beer but I don't Beer, thank you very much. Your shout!!!:D

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
OK. Everybody! Let's sing along to that wonderful Queen tune!

"I want to drive my bicycle, I want to drive my bike." :kumbaya

·
Registered
81 Posts
When you sit on a horse you are riding it. When you are sitting on a carriage that a horse is pulling, you are driving the horse. It seems this language carried over to motorcycles and horseless carriages. Since a car is self motivated, rather than being pulled by an external source it would seem most appropriate to say you ride a motorcycle and a car. Either way, I have to agree that you don't drive a motorcycle. You ride (operator) or you ride pillion (passenger).

21 - 36 of 36 Posts